December 13, 2011

Day 2: A Banner year!

Day 2 brings a "Merry Christmas" Banner made for a dear colleague.  It was a special request, custom colors project.  It is truly art from the heart; made with love for a sweet person with a kind soul.  It uses the Tim Holtz "Artful Dwellings" die; how perfect!  Each 'house' is embellished with fancy trim, punched shapes and glittered letters.  There is even a clock tower house and Santa's key!  It was truly a fantastically fun project to make and once the Holidays settle down I may just make one for myself.   Sometimes it is AFTER Christmas is over that I can relax and enjoy some crafting time for 'christmas projects'; the best part is pulling them out the following year as something new!





Enjoy and Be Inspired!

12 comments:

  1. This is really awesome! Looks like you spent a lot of time on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so gorgeous! Every house is so much fun to look at! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my conversation this morning with Sherwin:

    me: Hey Sherwin come look at this card carolyn made!

    Sherwin: Oh wow!!

    me: See it's a banner...it pulls out...

    sherwin: she's amazing! Wow....

    pause

    Sherwin: is her blog all about card making? Wow...she's soo good.

    pause (putting his shoes on) - (Still sherwin) She could work for halmark with her designing skills.

    (shoes on...still sherwin) what am I saying? She's way better than Halmark.....

    :) Simply beautiful - merry christmas/hugs!
    W

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! I may try something like this.... I was thinking of something for the mantle. But oh, your's is so lovely! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is just fabulous, so creative - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! I love the dwellings die - we used it for my grandson's ornament this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a great use of the die. It looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely magnificent! The photos are great but... Oh, when you see it in person!

    ReplyDelete