If you believe the old adage "You get what you give" then I hope you'll give of your time, talent, supplies or a donation to support this wonderful cause. Check the website to ways to participate http://withlovefromfriends.com/
Our world needs more acts of love and kindness like this. It makes my heart swell with joy to think that something I'll make will touch the heart of another; someone without a family nearby to visit. We will all grow old and I pray that should I find myself without family someday that the kindness of others will be there to remind me that we're never alone.
"With Love From Friends".....give some love. http://withlovefromfriends.com/
Some details about this years goals:
- GOAL: to create 1500 valentines
- Who Receives the Valentines:
- 750 will go the Meals-on-Wheels program to be distributed to every elder receiving meals in the region.
- 450 will go to Eldersource at Life Span. These will be distributed to clients by social workers.
- 300 will go to Monroe Community Hospital to be distributed to their Senior Clients.
- Cost: approximately $1 to make each card
- How many volunteers: approximately 70 “artists” will participate
- Dates for card making: Jan 14-31
- Hours donated: approximately 600 hours creating cards.
Those "Love Notes" sample cards will be sent to Eve along with another bunch of cards that will be made tomorrow with the help of some friends. Ill post pics when Ive got a big pile of cards.
I'll be back in Feb/March with a Spring Cards kit.