June 26, 2009

Subscription and Inspiration








Take a peek to your left, at the top, and see how easy it is to subscribe to my blog. Just enter your information and you'll be updated any time I post. Its a great way to stay current with upcoming class information and new creations. I start each day, well it actually continues throughout my day but who's counting, reading new blog postings by so many talented and generous artists who post cards, projects, templates, etc on their blogs.


Okay, that was the subscription part now on to my inspiration.


I had the most wonderful birthday gift given to me last month, a class at one of my FAV stores Buffalo Stamps and Stuff. It was a canvas album class taught by the one and only Cari Fennell, a Prima designer and extraordinary artist from Stampin' and Scrappin' Time in Bridgeport, NY; another FAV store of mine. It was a fast paced class! Okay, it was 100 mph class filled with paint, stamps, and frenzied women trying to finish a 10 page album. Not in this lifetime! Well, maybe just not this week but it WILL be finished...someday. I wanted to make a special thank you for my dear friend Deborah who gave me the class as a gift. What to do...so many stamps...hhhmmm. Wait, I'll make a card front that looks like the canvas journal cover....how cool would that be?!? It was great fun to make a miniature of the album, finding little bits of paper and flowers that would work. That is actually quite a feat considering the amount of 'bits' I have in my craft room. But I'm pleased with it, and so was she.


Be inspired by what you love; a quilt, a picture of flowers, your favorite Pottery Barn catalog. Use the same color combo, mimic the layout and put your own spin on it. It is a sure fire way to beat that creative block we all face at times. And it makes one heck of a thank you card for a dear friend. Thanks Deb!





2 comments:

  1. How lovely to be mentioned! Thank you for the wonderful thank you! I have the card on my craft room table... you as always are inspiration! The card you made is just gorgeous and so perfectly executed; I LOVE IT! Glad you enjoyed the class but are you sure it wasn't 150 mph? Thanks to you and your help and inspiration I have successfully completed some very important projects... Daddy's train book AND several cards too. My parents 50th Wedding Anniversary card came out GREAT! Of course I forgot to take a picture of it... but it is really lovely! Can't wait until your next post! Deborah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The BLISS card is magnificent - I love the colour combo's. And I'm looking forward to seeing your finished canvas project.
    Hi from Cape Town!
    Helen
    Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete