June 7, 2009

It's a fine line...




It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness. I think the line lies just between rubber stamps and muscle cars. When the line is crossed over to muscle cars its a clear break into mental illness, smile! I find no matter what the hobby the line is just as fine.


I had the pleasure of seeing the 'car show crowd' out on a "weekend pass" this past Saturday. Imagine a field filled with thousands of muscle cars, the roar of engines at every turn and the smell of burning rubber from tire burn out 'contests'. I know, it is not an easy task. It seems estrogen makes the task VERY difficult. I wonder if estrogen might be a protective factor which means we just have to put these men on 'the pill' and all of this craziness will diminish?



Like moths to a flame (a loud, gasoline, plume of smoke filled flame) they flock at the slightest REV of an engine. You know when a cartoon character smells something delicious and its whole body is lifted off the ground and carried directly to the source of the yummy smell? The same thing happens with big block engine exhaust. Quite a sight to behold!


I imagine it is akin to watching my BFF and I hit the stamp store. What's that smell, a new ink pad? What! Are those the new stamps?? Quick over here...look at this one! Yep, it's a fine line!

No comments:

Post a Comment