September 4, 2011

Flowers for a Friend

Here is  simple card I sent to a friend.  I love the colors and water colored look.  The background stamp is a large checkerboard image.  I colored it using the Distress Stains so I could put color on each square.  I gave it a light spritz of water and stamped it.  I love the results, a soft water color effect.  The flowers were simply stamped on colored papers, all in soft colors to mimic the water color look.  Its a old stamp from Magenta, but I KNOW you have a flower stamp you could use.  Pop-tape allows me to get a layered look with some depth.

 
Remember, it is not always about the stamp that was used in a card; sometimes it is the layout, color combo or technique that 'works', and that is what you can mimic in your design.  Re-make this using whatever background and flower image YOU have at home.  If you don't have Distress Stains,  then use Distress Inks or Dye Inks and a spritz of water. 

Stay tuned as I have been working on an altered schedule book that I'll use this year at work.  And a Christmas themed paper bag album......pictures to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment