August 27, 2011

So Many cards to Share.....

It is hard to pick just one card to share!  But, I decided to post this card tonight, one I made for my dear friend Deborah for her most recent birthday.  I love this card for many reasons; aqua blue is one of my FAV! colors, I sewed on the card ( yes, like with a sewing machine, another FAVORITE thing to do), it has glitter (cuz EVERYTHING is better with a little glitter!)  and it is stuffed ( Yup, just like we used to stuff our bras with tissue, this one has some tissue sew behind the scalloped circle it to give it a puffy look...crazy huh?!?)  There are just so many fun bits to this card.....I almost didn't want to give
it away ;-)
Enjoy.....I know I loved making it and since it still graces her desk at work I think she liked getting it too. 

I stamped the image in white and embossed it in white then water colored over it.  The embossed image will resist the watercolor...so cool!  Glitter was added to the leaves with a glue pen and glitter plus the (required) bits of bling.  HOW did we live without these little babies??  I own them in like a thousand colors....really!
Thats all for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment