June 23, 2010

Dear Friend Tag


Yep, its another tag, this one very fast and easy. I love the sentiment; it's from a Stampin' Up set. I bought the whole set just for that ONE sentiment! I know, crazy! I covered the tag with decorative paper, stamped the saying with white EP, and layered a few flowers together. I inked up some of the flowers to tone down the brightness and better match the paper. I really like how the scalloped circle punch goes off the tag, extending my creative space. To punch up the white I faux stitched around the edges. I use the Tim Holtz ruler; it has a series of holes along one edge that act as a template for piercing stitching holes. Then I used a white gel ink pen and a ruler to draw over the pierced holes. Easy faux stitching! It looks real and feels real even when you run your fingers along it because the paper really is pierced, but so much easier than getting the sewing machine out.

No comments:

Post a Comment