May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

To "The Mama"...Happy Mother's Day. I love you more than you know.

Here is a card that I love! I love the vellum, the suede paper, the velvet spiral, the grainy Distress embossing powder image, the Italian tile decorative paper and the tag shape. It is a textural card experience. One special technique that I used was to apply white paint on the backside of the image of the face. From the front it makes her look 'lit from behind' and stand out on the card while maintaining the matte look of the card. And I love my new bow maker ("Bow-Easy" http://www.posibendr.com/); perfect bows every time.








1 comment:

  1. hello Carolyn,
    nice card for mother's day !
    The white is indeed good on the face. Did you stamp on vellum and then painted the other side of the face with paint on the vellum ?

    greetings from Belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete