January 31, 2010

My first Challenge

I came across a contest to make a card that is inspired by a photo. The prize is a new Tim Holtz "Over the Edge" Die. I thought, "Why not?" I was instantly inspired by the picture and had everything made by the end of the day; that's a first!
I used all sorts of goodies: Gold Scroll Hambly screen print acetate, Tim Holtz "Distressables and Doo-Dads", Rub-ons, cording, a drawer pull brad and a mini-propeller ( What? You don't have a mini-propeller in your stash?)

The winner will be posted on the Scrap-Mart blog on 2/4. http://scrapmart.squarespace.com/journal/2010/1/28/who-wants-a-new-sizzix-tim-holtz-die.html

Below you'll see the inspiration photo and then my card. Let me know what you think.




4 comments:

  1. Popped over from ATT to check it out. Very cool - I can't believe you have a propeller! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have artful hands. This is excellent work. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fan-tastic!! Love everything about your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I finally made it to your blog again! I have resubscribed so I don't miss anymore of the happenings... VERY cool card! For those of you out there not lucky enough to live near Carolyn, I can tell you the card is even better up close and personal. As one who doesn't happen to have a mini propeller in my stash... I may just have to raid your stash Caroly!

    ReplyDelete