December 22, 2011

Day 11: "Believe" in Altered Art

Day 11 brings us a bit of "Believe" in Altered Art  home decor.  I love to shop the after holiday sales when items are slashed up to 90% off.  I love a good deal!  I picked up a couple things last year and have been meaning to alter them in some way.  From the Hallmark store I purchased a wooden 5 tea light holder and 5 red glass votive glasses for less than $10. 

It started out like this; you can see one of the red glass cups in the (very messy) background:
And after a covering of paper, metal trim from the 7 Gypsies, velvet ribbon and a Believe ornament ( bought this year at 70% off!) it looks like this:

And it matches this:

For me art really allows me an opportunity to enjoy the Holiday in a whole different way.  When I create a piece of art for my home it gives me joy each time I see it, pass by it or dust around it (ahhhh, the reality of house cleaning ;p)

I hope you are finding some time this season to create the art that brings you Joy!  Enjoy and Be Inspired!

2 comments: